Prep and cook in only 15 minutes –
This pasta recipe is so quick to make and you’ll find all the ingredients already in your pantry – it goes well with all types of meats too!
These simple, delicious ingredients make the pasta a big hit every time we make it!
In culinary school this is how our class would work – every time we had to learn a new recipe, our chef instructor would make a team of two people.
Which brings us to pasta! Pasta class was one of the most intense sessions – we were making fresh pasta during the morning session and 6 different recipes during the afternoon session.
Needless to say, it was hella tough! But super fun too! I mean come on – who doesn’t LOVE pasta?!?!
This recipe is a variation of Aglio Olio – which means spaghetti with garlic and oil.
While we absolutely LOVE the classic recipe – who doesn’t like a little variation right?! We both absolutely love garlic (it’s probably our most used ingredient in the pantry!) and of course lemon. So this recipe is a combination of the two and is super simple to put together. It’ll hardly take you 15 mins but the result will be A-MAZING.
- 200 grams fettuccine pasta
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 8 – 10 cloves garlic (Note 1)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box. Normally fettuccine takes up to 8 minutes to reach the al-dente stage. (See Note 2)
- Meanwhile, chop the garlic (as finely as you can!) and squeeze out the lemon juice.
- When the pasta is done, put it in cold water and set aside.
- In a pan, heat olive oil on a medium heat and add in the garlic. Cook the garlic till slightly golden (about a minute). Then add in the chili flakes. Cook further for about 20 seconds.
- Follow it by immediately adding the drained pasta to the pan.
- Top off with lemon juice and cook for 1 minute.
- The pasta is ready to serve – YUM!
Notes and Tips:
- If you’re not as big a fan of garlic reduce it to 7 – 8 garlic cloves. Otherwise go all out for the 10! The more the better, right?!
- Make sure to not overcook the pasta as it will be heated again in the pan for a few minutes!
- We added some chopped parsley as the garnish!
Recipe Courtesy of Scrambled Chefs
Make it a goal to source locally grown organic produce, organic pastured eggs, raw dairy products, oils, and grass-fed meats as much as possible.