If you’re a meat eater, chances are high that you love meatballs. After all, what’s not to love? Meat and spices are rolled into balls of deliciousness and usually added to yet another tasty dish, like a pasta or a sub sandwich. And now there’s another tasty meatball dish to try: my Bone Broth Protein Meatball Soup.
This isn’t just any kind of soup. It’s made with protein powder from bone broth. It’s also easy to make. Seriously! So, let’s get cooking my meatball soup recipe!
- 5 pounds ground bison or beef
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika or cayenne
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 cups bone broth or 3 scoops Bone Broth ProteinPure (by Ancient Nutrition – Available at Harvest Market) mixed in 36 oz. water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 carrots, washed and chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Mix meat, eggs, ½ teaspoon sea salt and paprika or cayenne together. Roll into small meatballs.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add meatballs and cook for 5–8 minutes, just until they’re brown.
- Add broth, water, sea salt, bay leaves, carrots and sweet potatoes, bringing to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are done.
Recipe Courtesy of Dr. Axe
Make it a goal to source locally grown organic produce, organic pastured eggs, raw dairy products, oils, and grass-fed meats as much as possible.