This Chocolate Hummus Tastes Amazingly Like Brownie Batter
Just when I thought I’ve seen it all, I taste chocolate hummus. Yep, the traditionally savory spread has gotten a sweet twist by replacing the tahini (sesame seed paste) and olive oil with melted chocolate. If this sounds absolutely absurd, well, I don’t disagree.
But when you take a bite, your taste buds will swear its brownie batter. The protein and fiber-filled garbanzo beans make for a thick and creamy spread that’s great for dipping or eating by the spoonful. It’s a healthier alternative for some guilt-free indulging.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 0
Total Time: 15 mins
- 15 oz can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 3 oz dark chocolate melted
- 3 oz milk chocolate melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Blend the garbanzo beans and melted chocolate in a food processor until well combined. Scrape down the sides to makesure everything is incorporated.
- Add vanilla and salt. Process until the spread resembles a finely ground hummus.
Recipe Courtesy of Spoon University
Make it a goal to source locally grown organic produce, organic pastured eggs, raw dairy products, oils, and grass-fed meats as much as possible.