Many tire of the same plain old oatmeal day in and day out. You can always add some fruit or syrup to spice things up or, you could really kick it up a notch and try this delicious oatmeal baked with succulent strawberries, rich chocolate, and crunchy walnuts!
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups coconut milk (or whatever non-dairy milk you prefer)
- 1 egg re-placer (I used 1 tablespoon of flax meal mixed with 3 tablespoons of water)
- 3 tablespoons of vegan butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly spray a large baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, orange zest, cinnamon, salt, half of the walnuts (1/4 cup), half the strawberries (1/2 cup), and half the chocolate (1/4 cup).
Recipe courtesy of The Flaming Vegan
Make it a goal to source locally grown organic produce, organic pastured eggs, raw dairy products, oils, and grass-fed meats as much as possible.