AMAZING LOW CARB COMFORT SOUP!
It’s been icky weather wise here this past week and at the end of long week
I just needed a little comfort food! So I pulled out my favorite “guilt free” Creamy Cauliflower
Soup recipe and went to town! It was just what I needed last night and I’m enjoying
it equally as much for breakfast topped with a piece of turkey bacon this morning!
Sharing my recipe with you so that you TOO can cuddle up with a hot steaming bowl of gluten free/dairy free low carb creamy soup without breaking the calorie bank.
And even if you don’t care anything about all of that – then make it because it’s just plain good!!
- 2 tablespoons organic butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Wildtree Garlic Galore (or 4 cloves, chopped)
- 1 TBSP Wildtree Garlic & Herb (this adds so much to this soup & I’m just not sure what a good “non-Wildtree” substitute would be. You can try a mixture of powder Garlic, dried Parsley, Dill, and Basil.
- 2 carrots – peeled and chopped
- 2 fresh turnips (I say “fresh” because if they are old their flavor will be too strong and definitely impact the overall outcome) – these are optional but do add substance to the overall texture. If you aren’t that concerned about carbs – you can also substitute two white potatoes here.
- 1 large head of cauliflower – cleaned and chopped
- 3 cups of chicken or vegetable broth (I used chicken bone broth)
- 1 can organic coconut milk (you could also use heavy whipping cream, half & half or cream cheese)
- 1 Tsp Wildtree Ranchers Steak rub (or ½ tsp celtic or Himalayan sea salt & ½ tsp pepper)
- 1 Tsp Wildtree Gourmet BBQ Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 Pkg of uncured bacon or Applegate Farms Turkey Bacon – prepared.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter, ghee or coconut oil. Add the chopped onion and Garlic Galore or chopped garlic & cook, stirring, until translucent.
- Stir in chopped carrots and peeled, chopped turnips. Cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Pour in 3 cups of chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Next add the chopped cauliflower, Garlic & Herb blend, Ranchers Steak Rub and nutmeg. Cover and simmer until all veggies are tender.
- Remove from heat and add can of coconut milk/whipping cream/half & half/cream cheese. Mix well.
- Puree in batches or use an immersion blender right in your pot. Be careful – this is hot!
*Optional: After soup is completely pureed – ladle into bowl and top with a piece of crispy bacon!
Recipe Courtesy of: Lifestyle Fitness & Nutrition
Make it a goal to source locally grown organic produce, organic pastured eggs, raw dairy products, oils, and grass-fed meats as much as possible.