If you’re in the market for a single-serving, nutritious and microwavable breakfast, this little guy is waiting for your call. The muffin gets its power from heart-healthy flax seeds.
And happy to note, this dish is vegan and gluten-free.
Healthy Single-Serving Microwave Carrot Cake Muffin (refined sugar free, gluten free, vegan)
Yield: 1 serving
- 7g (1 tbs) Ground Flaxseed
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/3 cup Grated Organic Carrots
- 1/2 tsp Organic Lemon Zest or Orange Zest
- 62g (1/4 cup) Unsweetened Applesauce
- 4 packets Truvia
- 3/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon or Apple Pie Spice
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 60g (1/2 cup) Oat Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the flax and almond milk.
- Stir in the applesauce, truvia, spice and salt.
- Stir in the oat flour. Last, stir in the baking powder.
- Pour into a greased 5″ baking dish and microwave for ~5 minutes (depends on your microwave), or until the surface springs back when tapped and is baked all the way through.
*Notes & Tips:
Feel free to add 2 Tbs of raisins or nut of choice (pecans, almonds, walnuts, etc.)
This recipe is: sugar free, high fiber, high protein, gluten free, vegan!
Make it a goal to source locally grown organic produce, organic pastured eggs, raw dairy products, oils, and grass-fed meats as much as possible.