This chutney can be served as a chunky paste or fully puréed. Use it as a flavorful condiment for Sabji and Kitchari or any savory dish. Gluten free, vegan
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro leaves
- 1½ cups loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- Juice of 1½ limes
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan pink mineral salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse and pick through cilantro and mint leaves, discarding any long or tough stems.
- Roughly chop cilantro and mint leaves; add to a high-speed blender, along with coconut, lime juice, ginger, salt and pepper. Blend thoroughly until chutney reaches your desired consistency.
PER SERVING (1 tablespoon): 58 cal, 1g fat (0g mono, 0g poly, 1g sat), 0mg chol, 152mg sodium, 15g carb (2g fiber, 3g sugars), 1g protein
Recipe Courtesy of: Delicious Living
Make it a goal to source locally grown organic produce, organic pastured eggs, raw dairy products, oils, and grass-fed meats as much as possible.