Grilled Buttermilk Chicken
- 1 1/2cups buttermilk
- 8cloves garlic, chopped
- 1tablespoon paprika
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 6 pounds bone-in chicken piece
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the buttermilk, garlic, paprika, 1½ teaspoons salt, and ¾ teaspoon pepper.
- Divide the buttermilk mixture and chicken between 2 large resealable plastic bags. Let marinate in the refrigerator, turning the bags occasionally, for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- Heat grill to medium-low. Remove the chicken from the marinade (discard the marinade) and grill, covered, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 30 to 40 minutes.
Recipe Courtesy of Real Simple
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 2 pounds russet or baking potatoes (3 potatoes), scrubbed
- Sour cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 450° F. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the oil onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining oil, the barbecue sauce, hot pepper sauce, black pepper, and paprika and cumin (if using).
- Cut each potato lengthwise into 8 to 10 wedges. Add them to the bowl and toss. Spread the potatoes in a single layer on the prepared sheet. Bake, turning once, until golden and tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve hot with the sour cream for dipping (if desired).
Recipe Courtesy of My Recipes
Make it a goal to source locally grown organic produce, organic pastured eggs, raw dairy products, oils, and grass-fed meats as much as possible.