One cup of sliced bell pepper contains about 40 calories, along with 1 gram of protein and 10 grams of carbohydrates, including 3 grams of fiber. The fiber and protein will help you feel full for longer after eating peppers, and the fiber may also lower your risk for digestive complaints, heart disease and obesity.
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 medium Vidalia onion
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Quarter-cut both onions.
- Seed bell peppers and cut into 8 pieces.
- Prepare a covered grill for direct grilling.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, tossing well so that vegetables are evenly coated with oil.
- Place vegetables in a grill basket, or arrange on metal skewers.
- Grill about 18 minutes, turning often so vegetables brown evenly on all sides.
Recipe Courtesy of DaVita
Make it a goal to source locally grown organic produce, organic pastured eggs, raw dairy products, oils, and grass-fed meats as much as possible.