To make prep even quicker, swap 2¾ cups cabbage slaw mix for the carrots and cabbage in the recipe. If you can’t find kelp noodles, rice noodles make a fine substitute.
- 1 (12-ounce) package Sea Tangle Kelp Noodles
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 16 whole butter lettuce leaves
- 2 medium carrots (finely shredded)
- 1 cucumber (halved and thinly sliced)
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- ½ cup roasted peanuts or cashew halves
- 3 green onions (thinly sliced )
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 16 teaspoons gluten-free Sky Valley Thai Peanut Sauce
- Rinse kelp noodles and place in a large bowl. Cover noodles with water and add lemon juice and salt. Gently stir and set aside for 10 minutes until soft; then rinse and drain noodles in a colander.
- Divide lettuce leaves and kelp noodles among four plates, creating a bed for remaining ingredients.
- Top noodles with shredded carrots, cucumber and cabbage. Garnish each mound with about ½ tablespoon roasted peanuts or cashews.
- Toss green onions and mint together; sprinkle mixture over each mound. Serve open-face, with peanut sauce for drizzling.
Recipe Courtesy of Delicious Living Magazine
Make it a goal to source locally grown organic produce, organic pastured eggs, raw dairy products, oils, and grass-fed meats as much as possible.