Lemon and shallots marry for a bright taste that’s ideal for a ladies’ lunch or light supper. If you can’t find haricots verts, use regular green beans instead. Opt for penne pasta, instead of casarecce, if you already have it on hand. We love how quickly this recipe comes together—just 30 minutes! You’ll love the bright citrusy flavor paired with the perfect amount of crunch from the green beans.
- 12 ounces casarecce (or penne) pasta
- 1/2-pound haricots verts (French green beans), cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 5 teaspoons lemon zest, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped roasted salted pistachios, plus more for topping
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed arugula
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for topping
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding green beans to boiling water during last 2 minutes of cooking time; drain. Rinse pasta and green beans with cold water; drain well.
- Place pasta mixture, thyme, and 3 tsp. lemon zest in a large bowl; toss gently to combine.
Recipe Courtesy of My Recipes
Make it a goal to source locally grown organic produce, organic pastured eggs, raw dairy products, oils, and grass-fed meats as much as possible.