Spring-Clean your diet with a combination of Asparagus and Fire Cider
Asparagus is just packed with health benefits: It’s loaded with nutrients: Asparagus is a very good source of fiber, folate, vitamins A, C, E and K, as well as chromium, a trace mineral that enhances the ability of insulin to transport glucose from the bloodstream into cells
Fire Cider is a combination of immune boosting herbs, roots, and peels steeped in vinegar. It’s reported to be anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, decongestant, and circulation boosting as well. When I saw what was in it, I understood. To the base of certified organic apple cider vinegar, added ingredients include whole, raw, certified organic oranges, lemons, onions, ginger, horseradish, habanero pepper, garlic and turmeric. horseradish, hot peppers, onions, garlic, ginger, and apple cider vinegar. All things that are good for you, but put together, yield a powerful kick.
Fresh Organic Asparagus Available Now
at HARVEST MARKET!
Please note, we tend to cook by taste and eye than exact measurements. Use this as a guide. Adjust for your own taste and quantity on hand. Makes 1 – tall 24 oz jar. Keeps in fridge for 2-3 weeks.
- 2 lbs Asparagus, we used 2 bunches, a little less than 2 lbs
- 1 Cup Fire Cider (Homemade recipe below or ready to go – Fire Cider by Shire City Herbals available at Harvest Market)
- 1 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Cloves Fresh Garlic
- Heaping Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- Sterilize jar and lid, set aside.
- Wash and trim asparagus to fit the jar without bending, Approximately 5.5″. Blanch Asparagus in lightly salted water for a minute or so to set color. Shock in ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Add peeled Garlic Cloves to jar.
- Stand Asparagus with tips up in jar.
- Mix Fire Cider, Apple Cider Vinegar and Smoked Paprika, pour over Asparagus in jar.
- Fill remaining space in jar with water.
- Cap tightly and gently shake.
- Once mixed well refrigerate for 3-4 days. They will keep for 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator.
Recipe courtesy of North Market Spices
*Notes & Tips:
If the bunches are too tall simply trim the stems so they fit in the jar.
Courtesy of Becky w/ EarthBody Herbals & Sacred Plants Tradition,
- 1 quart Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ cup Horseradish root grated
- 1/8 cup Garlic chopped
- ½ cup Onion chopped
- ½ cup Ginger grated
- 1 tsp Cayenne