We really like the extra zing of flavor from the fresh cilantro. It adds a nice burst of color to the dish as well. Simply toss some of the distinctive herb on top of the soup just before serving. The time-saving trick to this superfast soup is taco seasoning. Shredded cooked chicken breast and cannellini beans add substance. A one-cup serving contains only 134 calories.
Prep time: 2 minutes Cook time: 13 minutes
- Cooked chicken breast
- Taco seasoning (less-sodium)
- Chicken broth (fat-free, less-sodium)
- Cannellini beans or other white beans (1 can)
- Green salsa
Optional: Light sour cream, cilantro
- Combine chicken and taco seasoning; toss well to coat. Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken; sauté 2 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned. Add broth, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Place beans in a small bowl; mash until only a few whole beans remain. Add beans and salsa to pan, stirring well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes or until slightly thick. Serve with sour cream and cilantro, if desired.
Recipe Courtesy of Cooking Light
Make it a goal to source locally grown organic produce, organic pastured eggs, raw dairy products, oils, and grass-fed meats as much as possible.