A whole-grain protein bowl is the perfect solution for when lunch needs to be quick–as well as tasty, filling, and healthy. Cook quinoa ahead of time (or buy precooked, available in pouches near the rice). To complete the lunch, serve with 1/2 cup steamed green beans as shown. Dairy-free option: Use 2 teaspoons toasted chopped walnuts instead of feta cheese.
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash of salt
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup unsalted canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (2.6-oz.) pouch solid white tuna in water
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Combine quinoa and remaining ingredients in a bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to coat.
Recipe Courtesy of Cooking Light
Make it a goal to source locally grown organic produce, organic pastured eggs, raw dairy products, oils, and grass-fed meats as much as possible.