Single Serving Lunch Under 400 calories
This lunch recipe is made for one, double the recipe if you’re cooking for two or want to have leftovers for the following day.
- 4 ounces (118 ml) lean ground turkey2 teaspoons (10 ml) taco seasoning
- 1 cup (236 ml) riced cauliflower
- 1/4 cup (59 ml) bell peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup (59 ml) tomatoes, chopped
- 1-ounce (29 ml) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons (29 ml) salsa
- In a small skillet set over medium-high heat, brown ground turkey. Add taco seasoning.
- Heat cauliflower rice in a bowl and top with ground turkey, bell peppers, tomatoes, cheddar and salsa.
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 307; Total Fat: 16g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 134mg; Sodium: 420mg; Carbohydrate: 16g; Dietary Fiber: 3g; Sugar: 5g; Protein: 36g
Recipe Courtesy of My Fitness Pal
Make it a goal to source locally grown organic produce, organic pastured eggs, raw dairy products, oils, and grass-fed meats as much as possible.