Naturally gluten free, vegan and sugar free cookies!
Did you know that Oats are naturally gluten free? However the ones you buy without any claim to be Certified Gluten-free usually will contain gluten! That’s because during the processing of the oats there can be contamination of wheat or other glutenous grains which would add wheat to your oats. That’s why if it’s important to you to avoid wheat and/or gluten from your diet, you have to get Certified Gluten-Free oats, and organic all-natural too.
Rolled Oats are best for this recipe as they will add a nice texture and chewiness to your cookie. If you have Quick Oats, those would work also as those are just pressed thinner but not processed. However do stay away from Instant Oats as those are the most processed, pre-cooked and then dehydrated and sometimes with added preservatives, salt or sugar. Yuck! Please never buy Instant Oats like the Quaker brand ever! Oats are so nutritious but once they remove all the good stuff then it’s no longer a super-food. Steel Cut Oats are fabulous in a nutritious sense but will be too tough for these cookies. Keep those for your hot morning oatmeal instead.
- 2 very ripe organic medium bananas
- 1 cup gluten-free certified* rolled oats** (Bob’s Redmill)
*Optional add-ins: 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips or dried fruit or nuts, hemp or sunflower seeds or even spices like a teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Have fun!
- Preheat oven to 350 F. and prep a baking sheet with parchment paper (not wax paper).
- In a bowl, squish the bananas with a fork, add in the oats and continue mixing until both ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Scoop about a tablespoon of batter per cookie. Bake for about 13-15 minutes until a golden color appears.
- Remove from oven and allow to fully cool before serving (about 30 minutes).
Recipe Courtesy of Pure Ella
Make it a goal to source locally grown organic produce, organic pastured eggs, raw dairy products, oils, and grass-fed meats as much as possible.