The recipes are all vegan to start with. By making an easy adjustment, each can be served either with or without poultry, fish or meat. It’s your choice.
Rainbow Slaw with Sweet Tahini Dressing
makes four generous servings
- 3 cups shredded or grated cabbage (I did half thinly sliced and half grated)
- 1 cup grated carrots (about 1 large carrot)
- 3/4 cup grated cucumber (skin on)
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grated sweet onion
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped flat-leaf parsley (stems too!)
- 1/2 cup shelled organic hemp seeds
Optional: chopped walnuts or pecans and/or raisins or dried cranberries
Sweet Tahini Dressing:
Note: be sure you store your tahini well – you want a thin pourable tahini. If your tahini is overly dried up or chalky you will need to add in some oil to loosen it up.
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 2 Tbsp. grade B maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Recipe Courtesy of Healthy Happy Life
Red Grape, Black Bean, Cilantro, Jicama Tacos
Makes 4 corn tacos
- 2 cups Cilantro Jicama, Red Grape Salad – recipe here
- 4 corn tortillas, warmed in the oven (wrap in foil and rub with vegan butter on one side)
- 1 cup fresh chopped tomato salsa (I used a pico de gallo with tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro)
- 1 can black beans, drained and warmed in microwave or stove top
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese (melt over top tortillas – use broil setting on oven for a few minutes – or microwave)
- 1 avocado, diced and folded with fresh lime juice and a pinch of salt and pepper
- 2-3 Tbsp vegan sour cream
- Hot sauce if desired
Assemble your tacos any way you’d like! Add a few sides for a more substantial feast.
Recipe Courtesy of Babble
Make it a goal to source locally grown organic produce, organic pastured eggs, raw dairy products, oils, and grass-fed meats as much as possible.